I have taught creative writing, specialising in poetry, writing about place, and memoir, to people of all ages. My creative writing workshops have taken place in a variety of venues, including schools, museums, environment centres and pubs. These range from poetry workshops for undergraduates to a nature trail for reception-age children. I design and tailor writing exercises and activities for each workshop I run. These give participants opportunities to acquire new skills and techniques that they can take with them for the future, as well as to facilitate writing which is satisfying, enriching and enjoyable.
If you would like me to run a workshop as part of an event or festival, or on a regular basis as part of a service, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutoring and Mentoring
• I am an experienced private tutor, and have taught English at all levels, to all ages, from 8 to 76!
• I offer one to one mentoring and tutoring for the following subjects:
• Creative writing, all ages
• Creative writing at undergraduate level, specialising in: poetry, life-writing, memoir and writing about place.
• Poetry writing up to postgraduate degree (I have experience of supervising at MA/MFA level).
• Academic essay writing
• Mentoring for writing projects
• Literacy for Primary KS2 onwards.
• English Language and English Literature GCSE and A level
• Coaching for 13+
Please drop me a line at email@example.com for further information and details.
Speaking and Lectures
In the last year I have given lectures at Kingston University and spoken at events at the Rose Theatre in Kingston Upon Thames, as part of various workshops, festivals and conferences, on a range of subjects including my research, writing memoir and my experience of self-publishing.
More information about my writing and publications is here, at my website: http://www.lucyfurlong.com